2020-2021 Prekindergarten Registration
*** Dates coming soon! ***
Families will register at attendance zone elementary campus.
*Note about bilingual campuses: All families should register at their attendance zone elementary campus regardless of whether it is a bilingual campus. After families attend registration at their home/zoned campus, the campus administration will conduct language testing and LPAC meetings to determine appropriate placement for eligible students.
About Prekindergarten in Pflugerville ISD
Pflugerville ISD’s prekindergarten program offers full-day classes in three languages (English, Spanish, Vietnamese) at all elementary campuses that serve students grades PK-5. The full-day prekindergarten instructional day is 7:35 a.m. - 2:50 p.m.
- Students are zoned to their attendance zone home campus.
- If a student is assigned to a PK classroom other than his/her attendance zone home campus, the student will return to his/her attendance zone home campus for kindergarten.
- If the home campus does not offer needed bilingual services, the bilingual prekindergarten student will attend prekindergarten at a bilingual campus.
A child must be at least four years of age on or before September 1 and meet at least one of the following criteria for eligibility-based (free) prekindergarten:
- Educationally Disadvantaged - Family meets income guidelines associated with the free/reduced meal program, including students who receive the following:
- Medicaid Free or Medicaid Reduced Program benefits or
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits or
- Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits or
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Limited English Proficient - Child is unable to speak and comprehend the English language. Committee determines based on testing results.
- Military Parent - Child of an active duty member of the armed forces (including state military forces or reserve component) or is the child of a member of the armed services who was injured or killed while serving on active duty
- Homeless - Child qualifies as defined by the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act
- Foster Care - Child is in, or has been in, conservatorship of the Texas Department of Family & Protective Services
- Star of Texas Eligible Parent - Child of a peace officer, firefighter, or an emergency medical first responder as defined by Section 3106 of the Government Code who has received the Star of Texas Award
Prekindergarten Registration Documents
Parents must bring the appropriate documents to the campus where their child is zoned to attend Prekindergarten.Attendance
Regular school attendance is essential for a student to make the most of his or her education—to benefit from teacher-led and school activities, to build each day’s learning on the previous day’s, and to grow as an individual. Absences from class may result in serious disruption of a student’s mastery of the instructional materials; therefore, the student and parent should make every effort to avoid unnecessary absences. On enrollment in prekindergarten or kindergarten, a child shall attend school according to Texas Education Code Sec. 25.085. COMPULSORY SCHOOL ATTENDANCE.
Compulsory attendance is enforced through §25.093 and Chapter 65, Texas Family Code. School employees must investigate and report violations of the state compulsory attendance law. A student absent without permission from school; from any class; from required special programs, such as additional special instruction, termed “accelerated instruction” by the state; or from required tutorials will be considered in violation of the compulsory attendance law and subject to disciplinary action.
Prekindergarten Program Contact:
Stephanie Bonnet-Kramer, Pflugerville ISD PK Coordinator