TECHNOLOGY APPLICATIONS EC-12Substantial revision and expansion of the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills for Technology Applications for kindergarten through eighth grade, as well as to 13 high school courses will be implemented in 2012-2013. These replace standards in use in Texas classrooms since 1998.
All of the Technology Application EC-12 TEKS and all High School Technology Application courses are organized around the following 6 strands:
- Creativity and Innovation. The student uses creative thinking and innovative processes to construct knowledge and develop digital products.
- Communications and Collaboration. Students communicate and collaborate both locally and globally to reinforce and promote learning.
Students develop critical-thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills by collecting, analyzing, and reporting digital information.
- Critical Thinking, Problem Solving and Decision Making. Research and information fluency includes the acquisition and evaluation of digital content.
- Digital Citizenship. Students practice digital citizenship by behaving responsibly while using technology tools and resources.
- Technology Operations and Concepts. Through the study of technology operations and concepts, students learn technology related terms, concepts, and data input strategies.