Teacher Loan Forgiveness ProgramDo you have student loan debt? Is your debt made up of federal loans? (ex. Stafford, Perkins, etc.)If so, you may qualify for student loan forgiveness from one or more of the four programs below.1. Federal Teacher Loan Forgiveness ProgramReview the Texas Education Agency website for an eligibility questionnaire.These PfISD campuses meet the 30% low socioeconomic status required:
Brookhollow Elementary Parmer Lane Elementary Caldwell Elementary Pflugerville Elementary Cele Middle Pflugerville High Connally High Pflugerville Middle Copperfield Elementary River Oaks Elementary Dearing Elementary Ruth Barron Elementary Delco Primary Springhill Elementary Dessau Elementary Timmerman Elementary Dessau Middle Westview Middle Highland Park Elementary Wieland Elementary Northwest Elementary Windermere Elementary Park Crest Middle Windermere Primary2. Teach for Texas Loan RepaymentTexas Higher Education Coordinating Board – TFTLRAP
These PfISD campuses are eligible:
Brookhollow Elementary Parmer Lane Elementary Caldwell Elementary Pflugerville Middle Cele Middle River Oaks Elementary Connally High Ruth Barron Elementary Copperfield Elementary Springhill Elementary Dearing Elementary Timmerman Elementary Delco Primary Westview Middle Dessau Elementary Wieland Elementary Dessau Middle Windermere Primary Northwest Elementary3. Public Service Loan Forgiveness*
4. Federal Perkins Loan Program
- For non-teaching staff
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Requires 120 separate on-time payments during 10 years of qualifying employment; PSLF started in 2007, so no borrower will be eligible for forgiveness until 2017*
- May qualify for cancellation of Federal Perkins Loan
- Check US Department of Education’s Student Aid
- Federal Student Aid from Office of U.S. Department of Education
For more information on loan forgiveness, visit the Texas Education Agency website or contact Director of Federal Programs Christy Fox at 512-594-0106.
- Review your eligibility
- Complete necessary documents
- Contact Human Resources to obtain necessary signatures and employment verification
- Spread the word!
For additional information, please refer to the Federal Student Aid website.