Employee Voluntary Transfer Procedures
2017-18 School Year (Updated January 2017)
Who: Teachers, counselors, educational associates, nurses, and campus office staff are eligible to apply for a voluntary transfer.
What: A voluntary transfer is defined as a request for a lateral move (i.e. movement between the same/similar job titles and pay grades) to another campus.
When: Mott Elementary School and Weiss High School – New Schools Voluntary Transfer Application Window –
February 9 through March 10, 2017
Where: Employees who want to be considered for a transfer must complete the application for transfer on Applitrack during the designated Voluntary Transfer Windows.All Schools – Voluntary Transfer Application Window – March 20 through April 21, 2017*Note: For PfISD employees interested in transferring, a District Meet and Greet with Mott Elementary and Weiss High School principals will be held at the Rock Gym on February 8, 2017, 3:30 - 5:00 p.m.
· Go to District homepage
· Click on the “careers”tab, then click "Job Listings"
· Under “vacancies” click on “PfISD Transfer List Application”
· Click “Apply” to the transfer category applicable to you
|Position Type||Job Posting ID#|
|Mott ES & Weiss HS||All Campuses|
|(Feb 9 – Mar 10)||(Mar 20 – April 21)|
|Campus Support Staff||5297||5301|
Voluntary Employee Transfer Requirements
- A voluntary transfer will only be considered if the employee receives an employment contract or a letter of assurance for 2017 - 18.
- To be considered for a voluntary transfer, the employee must complete the application on Applitrack.
- Requesting a transfer does not guarantee that a change in assignment or an interview will occur.
- No voluntary transfers for 2017-18 will be approved after June 15, 2017.
- Prior to submitting a voluntary transfer application, employees must notify their current campus principal.
Voluntary Employee Transfer Process Information
- Mott ES and Weiss HS Principals will review the voluntary transfer applications and contact transfer applicant employees February 8, 2017 – June 15, 2017.
- Principals with vacancies will review the voluntary transfer applications and contact transfer applicant employees only during the period of March 20, 2017 – June 15, 2017.
- Prior to submitting a recommendation in the Online Employee Management System (OEMS), the receiving principal will contact the current principal to communicate the intent to hire.
- The receiving principal will submit a Personnel Action Form (PAF) using the OEMS by June 15, 2017.
- Human Resources will process personnel changes in assignment and campuses.
- Employee transfers in hard to fill areas (i.e. Bilingual, Math, Science, Special Ed, etc.) will be closely monitored by Human Resources and Assistant Superintendents to assure that no single campus loses excessive staff in these areas.