The start of the 2017-18 school year is Monday, Aug. 28. The school year has 77 instructional days in the first semester and 98 in the second semester for a total of 175. Parents and community members can also keep up with District news through our Facebook
A Guide to Registering Your Children at Pflugerville ISD
- How do I get a copy of the school calendar?
- Where does my child go to school?
- When / How / Where do I register?
- What are the age requirements for Pre-k and Kindergarten?
- What documents do I need to register my child?
- What shots/immunizations do my children need?
- What are the school hours?
- Does my address qualify for bus transportation?
- Where can I get a school supply list?
- Where can I learn more about Athletics?
- Testing Dates
- Where can I find school addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses?
- How do I access Student-Parent Handbooks to find out about policies, the Student Code of Conduct, and rules governing my child?
- Can I receive text or e-mail notices about PfISD or my child's school?
- When is the Sales Tax Holiday and what is included?
- When is graduation?
- How do I find out about Multilingual Services?
- How do I find out about PfISD Special Education Services?
- Does my school offer after school care?
- How do I find out about PfISD Gifted and Talented (GT) Education Services?
- How do I find the bus route for my child's campus?
- How do I access the Free & Reduced Lunch Application?
How do I get a copy of the school calendar?
You can download and print the school calendar here.
Where does my child go to school?
Pflugerville ISD conducts yearly reviews of all campus attendance boundaries. Attendance boundaries may be changed after these reviews are completed. If you have questions about the school your child will attend please contact the Pflugerville ISD Support Services Department at 512-594-0200 and ask for Micah Brassfield or Iva Lawhon. View the District Boundary Maps here.
When / How / Where do I register?
Registration for returning high school, middle school, and elementary school students is conducted in the spring preceding the start of the new school year.
All students will report to school for the first day of classes on Aug. 28, 2017.
All returning PfISD students who will be incoming kindergarten, third, sixth and ninth graders, all returning students with a change of address and all new students to PfISD will be required to provide proof of residency, as established in the PfISD revised residency verification process that began in the 2012-13 school year.
Location: Your Student's Home Campus
Tuesday, Aug. 1 from 1-7 p.m.
Wednesday, Aug. 2 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Note: Mott Elementary will conduct registration at Cele Middle School on the same dates.
Middle School Registration
Location: Your student’s home campus
Wednesday, Aug. 9 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday, Aug. 10 from 1-7 p.m.
These are walk-in welcoming dates and times. Please contact your home campus for more information.
Returning students (seventh and eighth grade) – course verification:
Location: Your student's home campus
Tuesday, Aug. 15 from 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
The student's parent/legal guardian will be required to accompany their child in order to fill out required paperwork. A student will not be issued their schedule verification form until this paperwork is complete.
High School Registration
New-to-Pflugerville high school students should visit their student's home campus to register:
Connally High School:
New Student Registration:
- Thursday, July 27 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., 4-7 p.m. (New Fall UIL Students Only)
- Monday, Aug. 7 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., 4-7 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 8 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., 4-7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 9 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m., 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Freshman ‘Cougar Camp’ and Course Selection Verification:
Note: All freshmen will be required to have proof of residency. Please bring required information to your freshman orientation.
- Tuesday, Aug. 15: A thru L, 8:30 a.m.to 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 15: M thru Z, 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., Gym
Schedule pick up:
- Aug. 14: 10th Grade, 9 a.m. to noon; 11th Grade, 1:30 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Aug. 16: 12th Grade, 9 a.m. to noon
Students will pick up textbooks, locker assignments, parking permits and ID cards at this time.
(Any pending obligations must be resolved before above items are released.)
Hendrickson High School
- Monday, Aug. 7 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 8 from 4 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 9 from 8:30 a.m. to noon and 1-4 p.m.
- Monday, Aug. 28 from 1-4 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 29 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 30 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
To make an appointment please call 512-594-1100.
Freshman orientation and schedule pick-up:
- Friday, Aug. 25, 2017 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
To get schedules during orientation, please bring proof of residence to the campus between Aug. 21-24 (9 a.m. to noon/1-4 p.m.).
More on freshman orientation here:
Pflugerville High School
Note: Appointments are recommended. Click here to request an appointment.
- Friday, July 27 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (For Fall UIL Students only)
- Monday, Aug. 7 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. (Closed 4-5 p.m. for lunch)
- Tuesday, Aug. 8 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. (Closed 4-5 p.m. for lunch)
- Wednesday, Aug. 9 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Closed noon-1 p.m. for lunch)
- Monday, Aug. 28 from 1-4 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 29 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Beginning Sept. 4, all registrations will be on a first-come, first-serve basis, from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Freshman orientation: Wednesday, Aug. 23, 2017
All freshmen will be required to show proof of residency. Please bring the required information to your freshman orientation.
- A-G (last names): 9 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
- H-N (last names): 11 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Q-Z (last names): 2 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
More registration information here:
Weiss High School
All students attending school in another district during the 2016-2017 school year must complete the New Student Registration process (even if you have enrolled in PfISD in prior years). In order to simplify the process, we are providing families with the opportunity to complete and submit registration information prior to August.
If you would like to take advantage of the early registration process, please click this link
for more information. All documents can be submitted at the new Timmerman Elementary School (412 Swenson Farms Road and are available from 8 a.m. to noon and 1-5 p.m. Monday- Thursday.
Note: All district campuses are closed on Fridays through July 28 and during the entire week of July 3-7.
What are the age requirements for Pre-k and Kindergarten? What documents do I need to register my child?
- Pre-kindergarten: must be 4 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2017 and meet other criteria.
- Kindergarten: must be 5 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2017.
- First grade: must be 6 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2017.
To register your child in school you will need:
What shots/immunizations do my children need?
- Up-to-Date Immunization Records (More information)
- Birth Certificate for all students.
- Social Security Cards (a state ID may also be used)
- Proof of Residency (Gas, water OR electric bill AND Lease agreement OR mortgage statement)
- Last report card or transcript of grades.
- STAAR/TAKS results if available
- Accompanying Parent or Guardian with a photo ID
Immunizations are required by law. All students, new and returning, must be complete in their immunization requirements by the first day of school. Your school nurse is able to review your record, indicate any needed immunizations, and offer locations to obtain immunizations if needed.
For a list of any upcoming immunization clinics, click here
What are the school hours?
School hours are:
Except during Early Release Days for elementary and middle schools. For a list of Early Release Days, refer to the District Calendar.
- Elementary School, 7:40 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
- Middle School, 8:05 a.m. - 3:35 p.m.
- High School, 9:00 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Does my address qualify for bus transportation?
- Elementary School - released at noon
- Middle School - released at 12:45 p.m.
Information on bus routes can be obtained from the district website in August. For information about bus routes and school attendance zones, please use Transfinder i
. Transfinder i is an online source for information which allows parents and community members to check and see where their bus routes, stops and schools are in relation to their home or any other address within the district.
Where can I get a school supply list?
School supply lists are provided by each elementary and middle school campus. You may download a copy of your child's school supply list from here
. High schools do not have set supply lists. High school students will receive instructions regarding what they will need from each of their teachers after school begins.
Where can I learn more about Athletics?
Information on testing dates
is provided by the Accountability and Assessment department.
Where can I find school addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses?
How do I access Student-Parent Handbooks to find out about policies, the Student Code of Conduct, and rules governing my child?
PfISD annually adopts a Student Handbook, Student Code of Conduct, Dress Code, Student Extracurricular Handbook and Cheerleading Handbook. The handbooks are found under Campus Resources
and will be updated once they are adopted for the 2017-2018 school year.
Can I receive text or e-mail notices about PfISD or my child's school?
PfISD has a community notification system called School Messenger to keep parents and students better informed of campus & district activities/news or emergency notices. To receive these notifications, please be sure that your contact information is correct on the forms sent home on the first day of school. It is important that you maintain an updated phone number with the district.
When is the Sales Tax Holiday and what is included?
PfISD shoppers will get a break from state and local sales taxes on Aug. 11-13, 2017. A complete list of items and their exemption status is available on the Texas Comptroller's website.
When is graduation?
Graduation dates for 2018 have not been confirmed by the Frank Erwin Center. As soon as they are, the dates will be posted on the district website.
How do I find out about Multilingual Services?
The PfISD Multilingual Department
offers a variety of Bilingual and ESL services to ensure students are successful.
How do I find out about PfISD Special Education Services?
Does my school offer afterschool care?
All elementary schools in PfISD offer after school care/activities through the Extended Day Program
. Extended Day operates at all elementary campuses, offering a safe and secure environment for children in grades K-5. This district-based program will allow for seamless transition from the end of the instructional day until 6:30 p.m. The program is open during early dismissal and staff development days.
How do I find out about PfISD Gifted and Talented (GT) Education Services?
The Advanced Academics Program including the Gifted and Talented Program
is designed to meet the general intellectual and specific academic needs of the top 20-25% of students, grades K-12, who desire to participate in advanced coursework and activities in preparation for higher education.
How do I find the bus route for my child's campus?
to find district bus routes.
How do I access the Free & Reduced Lunch Application?
The Free & Reduced Lunch Application can be found here. SaveSave