- Park Crest Middle School
- Principal's Blog
Lots to Share from PCMS!
Posted by Zachary Kleypas on 9/22/2017
Happy Friday! This was such a fantastic week at PCMS! Our classroom engagement was great, our athletes performed fantastically, and our staff got to enjoy some celebrations.
PCMS Crest Faculty Plaques:
This week we kicked off a PCMS tradition, the PCMS Crest Faculty Plaques. These plaques are given out to a PCMS staff member each week who has been demonstrating one of the six characteristics that we value from our PCMS Crest. I am so fortunate to have the opportunity to work with such an amazing staff who care for kids and one another at an extremely high level. This is just another way we honor the adults for demonstrating those specific characteristics that we know will make a difference on campus and help us be a Gold Medal Campus. Below is a picture of our first recipients for the 2017-18 school year!
Although we are still taking time to build relationships and utilize our capturing kids hearts model, we are becoming more and more focused on the work at hand. This means grades are going into the gradebook and tests are being taken to identify what your child knows or needs a bit more assistance with. That being said, I want to provide you two CRUCIAL things that will have a huge impact on your child’s success:
- FOCUS Access – FOCUS is our gradebook. If you have not set up your parent portal in order to be able to view your child’s grades and attendance, you are seriously missing out on an important component of your child’s education. Although we send home 3-week IPRs and 9-week report cards, waiting for those to come home is almost too late. For more information on how to sign up for FOCUS access please click this link: FOCUS ACCESS
- Tutorials – A strange stigma has been created that if you go to tutorials you are not smart or cool. Quite the contrary, our highest achieving students can often be found in tutorials and utilizing free time with their teachers. Please encourage your child to visit their teachers after school tutorial anytime they have a question, need to retake an assessment, or need assistance with homework. To view your child’s grade level tutorial times please see the links below:
6th grade – 6th GRADE TUTORIAL SCHEDULE
7th grade – 7th GRADE TUTORIAL SCHEDULE
8th grade – 8th GRADE TUTORIAL SCHEDULE
Taco Teacher Luncheon:
Our amazing PTO parents are hosting the annual Taco Luncheon on October 13th. Every year this event comes at just the right time to boost our staff moral as we push through the month before any large holiday breaks. Whether you are an active part of the PTO or not, we would love your help and support. If you are interested in supporting your child’s teachers through this event, please click the link below for more information on how you can help: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c4aa9ac2da1f49-teacher1
PCMS Lunchroom Food:
Does your kiddo eat in the PCMS cafeteria? So do I. I have to admit, the chicken nuggets or the spicy chicken sandwich are my favorite this year. Seriously. Anyways, I would like to provide you with a bit of information about our food, Aramark – the company in which PfISD utilizes, and more by clicking on this link: ARAMARK FOOD INFORMATION
STAR 360 Parent Notification Form:
PfISD utilizes a universal screener throughout the school year to assess each childs current ability level in both math and english and measure growth. This year, we will be providing parents a copy of the Parent Form for each child in our ELA and Math classes so that you can get a better gauge on where your child stands academically according to the screener. Be looking for a copy of this form early next week. Please know that this form is strictly informationally and does not determine the future academic performance of your child. The most important thing is that we acknoweldge where we are in terms of the screener, and work hard to keep improving, always, in all ways. Below is an example of the enligsh version:
Five Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why am I receiving this? Simply because we want you to be informed and involve you in the educational process.
- My child performed “Below Average” now what? This gives our teachers somewhere to work from. We pride ourselves in our ability to help students learn and grow. We will retest in the middle of the year and the end of the year. Please help us emphasize to your child to simply do their best and take their time. We look forward to seeing growth on the next round.
- My child performed “Above Average” now what? That is fantastic. We want to work to continue to challenge your child through Pre AP classes, EPIC 2.0 Enrichments, and classroom differentiation.
- My child performed “Average” now what? We believe that it is crucial to continue to challenge kiddos and if we keep the expectations high, they will rise to meet them. Help encourage your child to continue to do their best and stretch themselves to keep imroving, always, in all ways.
- How can I help? Make sure you child is reading (or completing their math practice) every night. Emphasize the importance of practice and reading to learn.
Athletic Team Standings:
Pflugerville ISD Athletics information can be found on Rank 1 through our campus website. For your convenience I have attached the links to the district middle school standings for girls and boys athletics:
- Volleyball - http://rankonesport.com/Schedules/View_DistrictStandings.aspx?ID=688
- Football - http://rankonesport.com/Schedules/View_DistrictStandings.aspx?ID=694
No Place for Hate:
As I have mentioned numerous times before, at PCMS we work hard to not only ensure our kiddos learn how to be strong academically, but also that they learn how to be good people. I am so proud to announce that again we have been awarded the No Place for Hate recognition as a campus!
In order to even further develop our ability to identify and address issues that arise on our campus we have begun to utilize our districts new form of anonymous alerts. Alerts can be made directly to administrators and counselors at PCMS using the app or online:
To send reports from the Internet go to: https://www.anonymousalerts.com/pfisd/
To send a report from your phone:
- Download the Anonymous Alerts® app for free from the Apple Store, Google Play store, or the Chrome store
- Start the App, enter login: pfisd and password: pfisd
- Send important reports to school officials
- Add a screenshot, photo or video about the incident
For even more information on our new anonymous alerts system, please utilize this link: ANONYMOUS ALERTS
Next Weeks Preview:
Monday, October 2nd - Save This Date Now:
Spirit Night: Our local Chick-fil-A in the Stone Hill Shopping Center has graciously agreed to support Park Crest PTO through a spirit day on October 2nd. How does it work? Visit Chick-fil-A for breakfast, lunch or dinner on Monday October 2nd, purchase your meal as you normally would, and let your cashier know that you would like to save the receipt for the Park Crest PTO Spirit day. That’s it! A portion of the proceeds then come back to our Pumas!
Festival of Bands: Later that evening, you can join our district middle school band students and I at the Festival of bands. This is one of my favorite events of the year as our kiddos get to showcase their skills. More information can be found below.
Park Crest Middle School
“Keep improving, always, in all ways.”
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016