Pflugerville ISD: Your REAL choice for public school
There's been a lot of talk about school choice. When you consider all of the factors that go into that choice, you'll see that PfISD is the REAL choice! Other schools may promise a lot, but PfISD delivers where it counts.
Pre-K gives PfISD students the best start!
PfISD is one of the only public school districts in the area that provides a full-day Prekindergarten program at every elementary or primary campus. Why does that matter? Because kindergarten readiness is one of the key indicators of long-term student success - higher reading and math scores, improved attendance, and higher graduation rates.
With our Pre-K program, all teachers are fully certified Texas educators, and our classes average an 11-to-1 adult to student ratio. More than 92 percent of our Pre-K students are enrolled at the "home" campus where they will attend elementary school. That means they'll be well-adjusted when they come back for kindergarten and beyond.
So, with PfiSD's Pre-K program, getting a head start means getting the best start.
Our students score well!
- PfISD was named to the AP Honor Roll in 2015 and 2016.
- $1.8 million in college tuition was saved by PfISD students through enrollment in AP classes
Diversity is our strength!
- PfISD is the most diverse school district in the Austin area and the #3 most diverse district in Texas according to Niche.com.
- 56 languages are spoken in PfISD. Our multilingual programs provide rich learning opportunities for both English and non-English-speaking students.
Our teachers are tops!
- 10.7 - Average years of experience of PfISD teachers*
- 5.7 - Average years of experience of Texas charter school teachers*
Our students finish what they start!
- 97.3% - Graduation rate achieved by 2016 PfISD graduates, well above the state average of 90.4% and the charter school average of 61.8%.*
Our students show up!
- 95.6% - Student attendance in PfISD in 2016-17, well above the state average
*According to Texas Education Agency