PfISD Fine Arts Department
Integrity - Character - HonestyPflugerville ISD seeks to provide for all students a high quality fine arts education that supports their academic, social, emotional, and creative development. This goal is achieved through a comprehensive performing and visual arts curriculum that provides a wide-range of learning experiences and performance opportunities. Courses are offered in elementary music and art, as well as secondary courses in art, band, choir, orchestra, dance, and theatre.
Fine arts courses are structured in ways that promote the development of character, student leadership, and life-long learning. Each week, approximately 25,500 students district-wide participate in fine arts courses that offer students the opportunity to work collaboratively with their peers as part of a group. Responsibility, teamwork, and good citizenship are fostered as students learn to depend on one other to achieve organizational goals.PfISD is dedicated to giving all students the opportunity to participate in a highly competitive and comprehensive fine arts extracurricular program by employing dedicated professionals and providing appropriate funding through fairly administered and conducted activities.
Three main themes are apparent in all successful fine arts extracurricular programs: integrity, character, and honesty. We believe that extracurricular activities are a microcosm of society and that through participation in our programs, students will inherently learn life skills enabling them to be productive members of society, capable of managing time, striving to set and obtain goals, and developing an enhanced self-discipline.
The directors/sponsors of the fine arts programs are dedicated to PfISD being recognized as a premier fine arts extracurricular program in the state of Texas. In order to obtain this extraordinary level of competence in an incredibly competitive area, each person within the extracurricular program must demand excellence of himself/herself, as well as, each individual for whom he/she is responsible.
The directors/sponsors of the fine arts programs are firmly committed to the following general objectives, which must be present in each activity and on every level, in order to continue in the pursuit of excellence which our community has grown to expect.
- Increasing participation in all activities
- Including as many activities as possible to meet the needs of the students
- Providing adequate and equitable funding for all programs
- Affording all students the opportunity to try out/audition for all activities
- Treating all students, parents, directors/sponsors, district employees, opponents, and community supporters with dignity and respect
- Recruiting and hiring the best directors/sponsors possible
- Encouraging continual development of directors/sponsors
- Exhibiting outstanding sportsmanship in victory and defeat
- Developing lifelong skills needed in a competitive society
- Stressing the importance of excellence in the classroom, as well as in competition
- Fielding competitive teams in each category
- Providing excellent customer service
PfISD invites all senior citizens to sign up for a GOLD PASS and be our guest at all PfISD Fine Arts performances.
PfISD Fine Arts
700 W. Pecan St.
Pflugerville, TX 78660
Phone: (512) 594-1966
Fax: (512) 594-1979
Office Hours: M-F 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Summer Office Hours: M-Th 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.