Extended Day Program
The Extended Day Program is a tuition-based, licensed childcare operation that services each elementary campus within the district. This campus-based program will allow for a seamless transition from the classroom to after school care for students in grades PK-5. The intent of the Extended Day Program is to not only provide a safe environment but also an atmosphere in which the school experience of the student is enhanced. The Extended Day Program is owned and operated by the school district and employees of the program work for Pflugerville ISD.
The Pflugerville ISD Extended Day Program (EDP) was developed to provide Pflugerville families with a quality economical option for after school care. It began as a pilot program 2010-2011 at Riojas Elementary. In 2011-2012, the Extended Day Program opened at all PfISD elementary campuses; and each year as new campuses open the Extended Day Program expanded to the new sites. In 2012-2013, all sites became licensed through the Department of Family and Protective Services. Last year the Extended Day Program served nearly 1300 students across all elementary campuses.
The goals of the Extended Day Program are:
- Focus on educational, social, and physical needs of all students
- Provide working families with a safe and secure environment for after school care
- Attract and maintain quality staff dedicated to the well-being of all children
- Expand community outreach and partner involvement
- Leverage technology to meet student, parent, and administrative needs
Follow us on social media: