Food and Child Nutrition Services Department
PfISD PROVIDES MEALS FOR STUDENTS DURING SCHOOL CLOSURES AND THROUGH SUMMER BREAK
Snacks To Be Included In Meals Beginning Wednesday, May 20th through Tuesday, June 30th
PfISD meal sites with the exception of Kelly Lane Middle School have been approved by the TDA to include snacks in daily meals.
Beginning Monday, May 18th Pflugerville High School Meal Service Will Be Moved To Timmerman Elementary School
412 Swenson Farms Blvd, Pflugerville, TX 78660 (backside of the school)
Weekend Meals to Begin Friday, April 17th at all 10 PfISD Feeding Sites
We are pleased to be able to offer weekend meals beginning Friday, April 17th at all 10 of our PfISD feeding sites. Each Friday moving forward families will be able to take home two additional breakfast and lunch meals per child (18 years or younger) for Saturday and Sunday along with their Friday meals. Parents should be prepared to present proper ID through the window for children not present in the car during meal pick-up. ID is not required for children present in the car during meal pick up.
Please review the updated TDA No Child Present Meal Pickup Flexibility Policy
The U.S Department of Agriculture has authorized procedures to allow parents/guardians of participants in certain child nutrition programs to pick up meals for their children without the child present.
Be prepared to present one of the following through the window for children not present in the car during meal pick-up
- Official letter/email from school listing children enrolled
- Individual student report cards
- Attendance record from parent portal of the school website
- Birth certificate for children
- Student ID cards
Parents may not pick-up meals for children other than their own.
ID is not required for children as long as children are in the car during meal pick up.
Pflugerville ISD will be serving supper meals starting Monday, March 30. These will be offered with the breakfast and lunches at the already established times, at the previously announced locations, with the exception of Kelly Lane Middle School.
Food Services will be mixing in new items on menus starting March 30, including lunch items intended to heat and serve at home. Adjustments will be made to include basic heating best practices to be provided with each meal.
Pflugerville ISD will provide free grab-and-go meals to all PfISD students at ten locations across the district beginning Monday, March 23. Grab-and-go meals will be available for curbside pickup at the following times (adjustments to this schedule may be made as needed, so please watch for updated communications).
Breakfast: 8 - 9 a.m.
Lunch: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
This program serves students 18 and younger regardless of Pflugerville ISD residency or enrollment. Families can pick up meals curbside in the carpool lanes at the campuses listed below. Parents may pick up breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the same time. For those who do not drive and need to walk to pick up the meal, you will be allowed to walk and pick them up to go. Access to enter the buildings will not be available.
We are now accepting free and reduced meal applications for the 2019-2020 school year.
PfISD Food and Child Nutrition Services Highlights
Aramark is proud to serve Pflugerville Independent School District. In conjunction with the district, we strive to help nurture students' well-being, improve their overall dining experience, and adopt healthy lifestyles by providing nutritious menus, innovative dining environments, and wellness-based education and promotions.
- Since 2007, Pflugerville ISD has offered Universal Free Breakfast and Breakfast In The Classroom, both USDA programs.
- Pflugerville ISD was one of the first districts in the state of Texas to offer CACFP supper meals, bringing the total of meals served at some PfISD campuses to four per day.
- Pflugerville ISD has both a Chef and Registered Dietitian who assist in menu planning and recipe development.
- Aramark and our Marketing Manager help instill health and wellness initiatives that are tailored to the needs of the campus.
- We have a nationally recognized community relations program that not only partners with Pflugerville ISD and the city of Pflugerville, but leads in addressing the needs of our community.
- The "Go For More" is a complimentary fruit and vegetable offering program that was started in Pflugerville ISD for our elementary students.
- Our food trailers have been recognized by local, state, and national entities (Food Network), and were the first to offer reimbursable meals. They also were designed with help from PfISD students.
- Our P.O.D concepts are a direct result of engaging students and faculty needs and providing solutions. Our HHS P.O.D is the first of its kind in Aramark.
Pflugerville ISD Food and Child Nutrition Services Office
1401C W. Pecan St.
Pflugerville, TX 78660
Phone: (512) 594-0430Fax: (512) 594-0431Email Classic Fare Catering
Office Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PMIn accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.