Gifted & Talented Services
The Gifted and Talented Program supports the mission of PFISD to provide an inspiring, engaging, and relevant education that empowers students to reach their full potential as productive members of a diverse global community. The mission of Pflugerville ISD's Gifted and Talented Program is to identify potentially high academic students and provide them with opportunities that promote:
- Academic rigor, depth, and breadth
- College Preparation
- Independent Research
- Social and emotional development to nurture full development of academic potential
Definition of Giftedness (TEC.29.121)
“Gifted and talented student” means a child or youth who performs at or shows the potential for performing at a remarkably high level of accomplishment when compared to others of the same age, experience, or environment and who:
Definition of Population Served by GT Program - EHBB (Local)Pflugerville ISD recognizes the special needs of children fitting the state definition and is committed to offering a differentiated curriculum that targets the academic and affective needs of these students.
- exhibits high-performance capability in an intellectual, creative, or artistic area;
- possesses an unusual capacity for leadership; or
- excels in a specific academic field.
Pflugerville ISD offers GT services to students in kindergarten through grade 12. These students are identified as possessing general characteristics of an advanced academics student. Students shall also be identified according to their specific subject matter aptitude. An “advanced academic gifted student” shall be defined as a child or youth who performs at or shows the potential for performing at a remarkably high level of accomplishment when compared to others of the same age and environment (ethnicity, language and/or socio-economic status) by:
- Exhibiting high verbal, nonverbal, or spatial intellectual ability.
- Exhibiting many identified gifted characteristics.
- Excelling in one or more specific academic fields (with designated content area of focus).