A-F Accountability Ratings

  • Ratings based on 2023-2024 performance will be issued by TEA securely to districts on August 13, 2024, followed by access to the public on August 15, 2024 at TXSchools.gov.

    What is the A–F Accountability System?

    The A–F Accountability System is the statewide rating system established by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) to evaluate the academic performance of Texas public schools and assign letter grades (A–F) to districts and campuses.

    The system measures what students are learning in each grade and whether or not they are ready for the next grade. It also shows how well a school prepares its students for success after high school - in college, the workforce, or the military.  

    The 2024 accountability system evaluates three domains and assigns a rating of A-F to each:

    Student Achievement: measures whether students met expectations on the STAAR test. It also measures graduation rates and how prepared students are for success after high school. 

      • STAAR Performance: measures achievement at Approaches Grade Level or above, Meets Grade Level or above, and Masters Grade Level on the STAAR test
      • College, Career, and Military Readiness (CCMR Graduates): measures graduates’ readiness for college, the workforce, or the military
      • Graduation Rate: measures the percentage of students who graduate in 4, 5, or 6 years


    School Progress, Part A - Academic Growth: shows the amount of growth students make from year to year in math and reading language arts

    School Progress, Part B - Relative Performance: measures how a school's performance compares to other schools with similar economically disadvantaged populations. 

    Closing the Gaps: evaluates how well a campus or district is ensuring that all student groups are successful

      • includes STAAR performance at Meets Grade Level or above in math and reading language arts, growh in math and reading language arts, graduation rates, progress of Emergent Bilingual students toward achieving English language proficiency, CCMRs, overall STAAR performance across student groups

    A-F Rating Labels

    A letter grade is assigned to campuses and districts for each domain and for overall performance. To determine the overall rating, 70% comes from either the Student Achievement or School Progress domain score (whichever is higher), and the remaining 30% comes from the Closing the Gaps domain score.

    • A - Exemplary Performance
    • B - Recognized Performance
    • C - Acceptable Performance
    • D - In Need of Improvement
    • F - Unacceptable Performance


    For district-level ratings, domain results from each campus are counted proportionately toward the district's ratings based on enrollment of 3rd - 12th grade students at each campus.

    What are PfISD's Ratings?

    Ratings based on 2022-2023 performance are not allowed to be issued by TEA due to an ongoing lawsuit initiated by school districts based on lack of advanced notice from TEA to districts on changes that were to be immediately implemented with the 2023 accountability system. From TEA: The issuance of 2023 A–F ratings under the final 2023 rule is pending and subject to change based on judicial rulings or decisions from the 88th Legislature during a special-called session.

    The latest TEA-issued ratings were based on performance from the 2021-2022 school year when PfISD received an overall rating of B-Recognized Performance. 

    For more detailed information on PfISD’s district and campus ratings, visit TXSchools.gov

    Ratings based on 2023-2024 performance will be issued by TEA securely to districts on August 13, 2024, followed by access to the public on August 15, 2024 at TXSchools.gov.

2024 Accountability Distinction Designations

  • Districts and campuses must be rated A, B, or C overall to be eligible for distinctions. Distinction Designations are awarded in the following areas:

    • Academic Achievement in English Language Arts/Reading (campus only)
    • Academic Achievement in Mathematics (campus only)
    • Academic Achievement in Science (campus only)
    • Academic Achievement in Social Studies (secondary campuses only)
    • Top 25 Percent: Comparative Academic Growth (campus only)
    • Top 25 Percent: Comparative Closing the Gaps (campus only)
    • Postsecondary Readiness (district and campus)