State Accountability Performance Standards & RatingsThe 2022 campus and district ratings are based on a system that uses various indicators to provide greater detail on the performance of a district or charter and individual campuses throughout the state. The overall design of the accountability system evaluates the performance according to three domains:
- Student Achievement Domain evaluates performance across all subjects for all students on STAAR assessments, College, Career, and Military Readiness (CCMR) indicators, and graduation rates.
- School Progress Domain measures district and campus outcomes in two areas:
- Academic Growth - the number of students that grew at least one year academically (or are on track) as measured by STAAR results and
- Relative Performance - the achievement of all students relative to districts or campuses with similar economically disadvantaged percentages.
- Closing the Gaps Domain uses disaggregated data to demonstrate differentials among racial/ethnic groups, socioeconomic backgrounds and other factors. The indicators included in this domain, as well as the domain’s construction, align the state accountability system with the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
The three domains will be combined to calculate an overall rating.
- A letter grade is assigned for overall performance and for performance in each domain to districts and campuses.
A = Exemplary Performance
B = Recognized Performance
C = Acceptable Performance
D = In Need of Improvement
F = Unacceptable Performance2022 State Accountability Ratings for PfISD and Campuses
Pflugerville ISD received an overall letter grade rating of "B, Recognized Performance."
2022 State Accountability Distinction DesignationsDistricts and campuses must be rated A, B, C, or D overall to be eligible for distinctions. Distinction Designations are awarded in the following areas:• Academic Achievement in English Language Arts/Reading (campus only)
- PfISD Accountability Summary
- Additional details are available at TXschools.gov.
- Each campus profile includes specific accountability reports.
• Academic Achievement in Mathematics (campus only)
• Academic Achievement in Science (campus only)
• Academic Achievement in Social Studies (secondary campuses only)
• Top 25 Percent: Comparative Academic Growth (campus only)
• Top 25 Percent: Comparative Closing the Gaps (campus only)
• Postsecondary Readiness (district and campus)In 2022, 6 PfISD campuses earned 16 distinctions.
Reading/ELA Math Science Social Studies Academic Growth Closing Performance GapsPost Secondary Readiness Hendrickson HS ¶ Pflugerville HS ¶ ¶ ¶ ¶ ¶ Pflugerville MS ¶ Copperfield ES ¶ ¶ ¶ Parmer Lane ES ¶ River Oaks ES ¶ ¶ ¶ ¶ ¶
- Overview of 2022 State Accountability System
- Performance Reporting Division of TEA
- State Accountability information on all Texas schools at TXschools.gov
- Learn More About Your Child's School (English PDF)
- Learn More About Your Child's School (Spanish PDF)
- Parent School Ratings FAQs (English DOCX)
- Parent School Ratings FAQs (Spanish DOCX)