Your Board of Trustees, comprised of seven local citizens, provides an important public service to the Pflugerville community and serves without compensation. In accordance with the Texas Elections Code, Pflugerville ISD calls Board elections for the first Saturday in May of each year. Vacancies occurring after the election are filled by appointment until the next election is conducted.
Specific information on upcoming elections, including the election calendar and filing deadlines, will be posted to this page as it becomes available. General information and statutory requirements regarding elections are available in Board policy: BBA (Legal) and BBB (Legal) and (Local).
Current Officers of the Board of Trustees
President: Vernagene Mott
Vice President: Jean Mayer
Secretary: David Aguirre
After canvassing each election, the Board elects a president, vice-president, and secretary to serve a one-year term. The Pflugerville ISD Board of Trustees consists of seven members. Board members shall be elected for three–year terms, with elections conducted annually. Board members are elected at large for specific places on the Board.The seven Board of Trustees members are voted on by all residents of the district, and represent all residents of the District.Eligibility and Filing for Candidacy
To be eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, the office of a school board member, a person must:
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable.
- Have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
- Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities.
- Have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the filing date. Election Code 1.020, 141.001(a); Gov’t Code 601.009; Brown v. Patterson, 609 S.W.2d 287 (Tex. Civ. App.—Dallas 1980, no writ); Tex. Const. Art. XVI, Sec. 14
Applications filed are public records and can be reviewed upon request.
Contact: Shari Thorn, Executive Assistant to the Board of Trustees, 512-594-0012