Voluntary Worksite - Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity
Worksite insurance is offered through Cigna. Should you experience an injury or illness, accident, Critical Illness or Hospital Indemnity insurance can help provide financial protection for the unexpected. Benefits are paid directly to the covered person. Worksite insurance assists in supplementing your other insurance coverage and helps offset out-of-pocket medical expenses. These policies are designed to enhance your underlying medical coverage, not replace it. Refer to the Benefits Guide for detailed plan highlights and rates. www.cigna.com / Cigna 1-800-754-3207
- Accident insurance is designed to help cover deductible gaps and daily living expenses with a cash benefit for unexpected injuries.
- Benefits are paid out for things like urgent care visits, emergency room treatment, hospital admission and confinement, ambulance, and x-rays.
- You can choose from a high, mid, or low plan.
- You can also receive benefits for getting a wellness check-up
- Critical illness insurance can pay for costs not covered by traditional insurance. This type of insurance policy compensates policyholders with a lump sum payment after getting diagnosed with a specific illness, such as a heart attack, cancer, or a stroke.
- You can purchase a benefit of $10,000, $15,000, or $25,000 for yourself and
- You can also receive benefits from getting a wellness check-up.
Hospital Indemnity insurance, is a plan that pays you benefits when you are admitted or confined to a hospital, whether for planned or unplanned reasons, or for other medical services.Cigna will pay $500, $1000, $1,500 a day depending on which plan you select.You can also receive benefits from getting a wellness check-up.
How to submit a claim:
Claims should be reported as soon as possible. Claims can be reported by one of the following methods:
1. Complete and file your claim by phone - call 800.754.3207 to speak with a customer service representative.
2. Complete and file your claim by fax, email or mail:
- Fax documents to 1.866.304.3001 or 1.866.304.4307
- Email scanned documents to
- SuppHealthClaims@Cigna.com for Accidental Injury and Critical Illness claims
- hospitalcare@Cigna.com for Hospital Indemnity claims
- Mail documents to
Cigna Supplemental Health Solutions
P.O. Box 188028
Chattanooga, TN 37422
You may file a wellness claim by completing the Wellness Claim Form or by phone.
- Call 1-800-754-3207
- Have the following information ready:
- Employer name
- Your phone number and address
- Your social security number and date of birth
- The doctor/facility address
- The doctor/facility phone number
- The date of your wellness appointment
- What wellness check-up you had
- If you are actively working for PfISD
- Your coverage will be verified and a wellness claim form will be mailed with a reference number.
- Once the claim form has been received, a check will be mailed to your home address.