What is a School District Police Officer?
The Pflugerville ISD School District Police Officers are visible, active, law enforcement figures on campus who handle any law-related issues. They are also classroom resources for instruction in law-related education, violence diffusion, safety programs, alcohol and drug prevention, crime prevention and other areas.
Pflugerville ISD School District Police Officers are members of the faculty and administrative team working to solve problems in the school community. Acting as a resource to teachers, parents, and students for conferences on an individual basis, and dealing with individual problems or questions, school district police officers provide a supportive role in maintaining campus security and safety. They can serve as a counseling resource in areas which may affect the educational environment but may be of a law-related nature.
Pflugerville ISD School District Police Officers are valuable liaisons within the District and help provide community-oriented policing services for all of our campuses, facilities, and the surrounding community.
The main goals of the Pflugerville ISD School District Police Officers are:
- Reduce juvenile delinquency through close personal contact with students on a daily basis.
- Bridge the gap between police officers and young people, while increasing positive attitudes toward law enforcement.
- Teach the value of our legal system.
- Promote respect for people and property.
- Reduce juvenile crime by helping students formulate an awareness of the rules, authority, and justice.
- Take a personal interest in students and their activities.
- Allow students access to the legal system.
- Give students a realistic picture of laws and the legal system so they will have an investment in supporting and improving it.
- Teach students how to avoid becoming a victim through self-awareness and crime prevention.
The Pflugerville ISD Police Department works in collaboration with other area law enforcement and public safety entities to ensure our District is one of the safest in Central Texas!
Updated pictures of our School District Police Officer's will be coming soon!
Click on the image above to report any threats made to harm anyone on campus, any suspicious activity on a campus, bullying and cyberbullying, cheating on schoolwork, dating violence/abuse, depression, self-harm/cutting, drug/tobacco/vaping/alcohol use on campus, eating disorders, or family abuse/neglect.