Frequently Asked Questions:
Pflugerville Elementary School
1. What time does the school day start and end? School starts at 7:35 a.m. and students will be considered tardy if not in their classrooms at that time. School ends at 2:50 p.m.
2. How does being tardy affect my child? When a student enters class after the teacher has begun instruction, he/she misses out on instruction. Excessive tardies will lead to our attendance specialists conducting home visits and possibly filing for Attendance Court to cite the parent(s).
3. How can I contact my child's teacher? You can email any staff member by clicking on their name in the staff section of our webpage. Additionally, you can call 594-3800 and navigate to the teacher's voice mail.
4. What should I do if my child misses school because of illness? When your child returns to school, send a doctor’s note or a parent note indicating why he/she was absent. If your child is out more than three days, a doctor’s note is required. Excessive sick absences without a note will be reviewed for possible truancy.
5. Can I eat lunch with my child? Yes, provided you sign in the front office first and get a visitor's pass. Parents must eat with their children at the designated guest tables provided inside the cafeteria. Exceptions to this include days of STAAR testing in the spring.
6. Can I bring cupcakes/food to celebrate my child's birthday? You may bring one food item to share with everyone on your child’s homeroom class. Gifts and balloons are not allowed in the classroom as they may cause a distraction to classroom learning.
7. What type of shoes does my child need for PE? Students need to have closed-toe shoes (sneakers or tennis shoes) to participate in PE. This is a requirement of the PISD Student Dress Code.
8. Who do I contact if I have questions about transportation? The PfISD transportation number is 594-0475.
9. How can I volunteer? Volunteers must go through the PFISD Volunteer Background Check process two weeks prior to volunteering. Previous volunteers must reapply each fall. To do this, you must enroll using a computer with internet access. Visit the district page: www.pfisd.net .
Hurry! We love volunteers!
10. How can I find out if the school will be closed due to bad weather?
- All major television networks will be notified of school closings.
- The PFISD’s Public Information line will be utilized to announce school closings and emergency information. The number is (512) 594-0001.
- Pflugerville ISD will post school closings on the website at www.pfisd.net.
- Also, all Clear Channel stations receive this information. This include KVET, KASE, KKMJ and KLBJ.
11. How can I receive the latest school information? Please check the school website for the latest updates.