Special Education Transition Services
Beginning before the student turns age 14 and annually thereafter, transition needs are discussed at the student’s annual ARD meeting.
Based on the student’s needs and taking into account the student’s strengths, interests and preferences, transition services are developed as a coordinated set of activities designed within a results-oriented process that is focused on the following:
- Improving the academic and functional achievement of the student to facilitate movement from school to postschool activities, including postsecondary education, vocational training, integrated employment (including supported employment)
- Continuing and adult education
- Adult services
- Independent living or community participation.
Services may include:
- Related services
- Community experiences
- Development of employment and other post-school adult living objectives
- If appropriate, acquisition of daily living skills and functional vocational evaluation
For additional information please contact: