PfISD Leadership Academy
Pflugerville ISD is committed to developing strong leaders at all levels across the district to effectively serve our students, parents, staff members, and community. PfISD understands great leaders impact student achievement and increase success. For this reason, we are proud to offer a tiered PfISD Leadership Academy Framework. The academies will be held on an annual basis starting in September and will continue throughout the school year.
This is a unique opportunity for the District to build our aspiring and current leaders to be their best. It is the perfect opportunity for passionate individuals interested in continuing their professional development at PfISD. We are excited to see what our amazing leaders accomplish by participating in the academies outlined in the PfISD Leadership Academy Framework.
Aspiring Leadership Academy
Audience: Teachers, Counselors, Instructional Coaches, Specialists, Coordinators, Technicians, Trainers, Custodians, Bus Drivers, Nurses, Social Workers, All Staff not Serving in a Supervisory Role
Description: The Aspiring Leadership Academy is designed for current PfISD staff seeking continuous learning and professional growth with an interest of serving PfISD in campus and/or district leadership positions.
- Exploring Leadership: Competencies of Effective Leaders in PfISD, Leadership Styles, Qualities & Attributes, and Leadership Role Possibilities and Pathways
- Cultivating Leadership, Active Listening, Having Difficult Conversations
- Building Cultural and Equity Awareness
- Leading through Change and Managing Change
- The Art of Influence, Persuasion, and Coaching in Leadership
- Landing Your Dream Job; Interviewing and Etiquette Tips
- Panel discussions with Current Leaders
- Campus/Department Visits - Shadowing
Criteria: Passion for continuing your education, 3 or more years of educational experience or 3 years of experience in your discipline and interested in pursuing a leadership role, support and recommendation of supervisor
Leadership Academy Institute - Level I
Audience: Coordinators in Supervisory Roles, District Level Leaders in Roles of District-Wide Influence/Impact, Supervisors, Assistant Principals, Associate Principals, Principals, Assistant Directors, Directors, Executive Directors
Description: The Leadership Academy Institute (Level I) is designed for current PfISD leaders in supervisory leadership positions seeking continuous learning and professional growth. Participation in this Level I Leadership Academy Institute is an opportunity to receive intensive leadership training grounded in Brené Brown’s book, Dare to Lead, and to explore your emotional intelligence skills as a leader. Emotional intelligence skills are critical for building relationships and teams, resolving conflict, solving problems, leading effectively, and building resilience.
- Exploring Leadership Competencies of Effective Leaders in PfISD
- Taking A Deeper Dive into Courageous Leadership: this series is based on Brené Brown’s book, Dare to Lead, and is designed to teach research-based skill sets of courage to inspire braving, more daring leadership
- Engaging in the EQ-i 2.0: participation in this detailed assessment will provide leaders with areas of strength and potential areas for development
- Understanding the Value and Importance of Board Policy
Criteria: Passion for continuing your development as a leader, currently serving PfISD in a supervisory leadership role or district-level leadership role of influence, and supervisor recommendation and/or approval
Leadership Academy Institute - Level II
Audience: Campus/District Leaders who have completed Leadership Academy Institute (Level I), Assistant Superintendents, Cabinet Members, and Superintendent
Description: The Leadership Academy Institute (Level II) is designed for current PfISD leaders in supervisory leadership positions seeking continuous learning and professional growth. Participation in this Level II Leadership Academy Institute is an opportunity to participate in Executive Coaching sessions with the Executive Director of Leadership Development. Participating leaders will build on their self-identified strengths and opportunities for growth to maximize their personal and professional potentials.
- Exploring Value-Based Leadership Competencies of Effective Leaders in PfISD
- What is Executive Coaching? This session will explore how high-achieving leaders can improve emotional intelligence, enhance strategic thinking, and promote engagement among stakeholders.
- What Executive Coaching is and What it is Not
- Participation in 4-6 Individual Coaching Sessions throughout the School Year
Criteria: Passion to continue learning and growing as a leader, Campus/District Leaders who have completed Leadership Academy Institute - Level I (Dare to Lead & EQi ) and are currently serving PfISD in a supervisory leadership role, willingness to participate in coaching sessions, and supervisor recommendation and/or approval