Integrity - Character - HonestyPflugerville ISD seeks to provide all students with a high-quality fine arts education that supports their academic, social, emotional, and creative development. This goal is achieved through a comprehensive performing and visual arts curriculum that provides a wide range of learning experiences and performance opportunities. Courses are offered in elementary music and art, as well as secondary courses in art, band, theatre, choir, dance, musical theatre, color guard, technical theatre, and music theory.PfISD is dedicated to giving all students the opportunity to participate in a highly competitive and comprehensive fine arts extracurricular program by employing dedicated professionals and providing appropriate funding. Fine arts courses are structured in ways that promote the development of character, student leadership, and life-long learning. Responsibility, teamwork, and good citizenship are fostered as students work collaboratively to achieve individual and organizational goals.
Three main themes are apparent in all successful fine arts extracurricular programs: integrity, character, and honesty. We believe that extracurricular activities are a microcosm of society and that through participation in our programs, students will inherently learn life skills, enabling them to be productive members of society, capable of managing time, striving to set and obtain goals, and developing enhanced self-discipline.
The directors/sponsors of the fine arts programs are firmly committed to the following general objectives, which must be present in each activity and on every level, in order to continue in the pursuit of excellence which our community has grown to expect.
- Increasing participation in all activities
- Including as many activities as possible to meet the needs of the students
- Providing adequate and equitable funding for all programs
- Affording all students the opportunity to try out/audition for all activities
- Treating all students, parents, directors/sponsors, district employees, opponents, and community supporters with dignity and respect
- Recruiting and hiring the best directors/sponsors possible
- Encouraging continual development of directors/sponsors
- Exhibiting outstanding sportsmanship in victory and defeat
- Developing lifelong skills needed in a competitive society
- Stressing the importance of excellence in the classroom, as well as in competition
- Fielding competitive teams in each category
- Providing excellent customer service
PfISD invites all senior citizens to sign up for a GOLD PASS and be our guest at all PfISD Fine Arts performances.
PfISD Fine Arts
700 W. Pecan St.
Pflugerville, TX 78660
Phone: (512) 594-1966
Fax: (512) 594-1979
Office Hours: M-F 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Summer Office Hours: M-Th 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.