Hello, Windermere Elementary Families,
We are incredibly excited the district has informed us that parents and visitors will be allowed back on campus starting Monday, March 21st. We will return to campus policies that were in place prior to Covid protocols. At this point, students are used to walking into the building on their own, so I encourage allowing them to continue doing so to avoid traffic jams. As we make this transition back to welcoming visitors, we are asking any parents or visitors entering the building to please park in the parking lot and follow the procedures below:
- Parents and visitors will be welcomed into the building after they sign in through the Raptor system in the West Wing (Grand Avenue side) office entrance. Please bring a valid ID.
- Parents are welcome to eat breakfast with their child after first signing in and please remember, the bell rings at 7:35. Children need to be on their way to class at that point.
- We are asking that parents say goodbye to their child in the hallway before passing the gym, allowing students to walk to class independently.
- Since there is no sign in system on the East Wing (Picadilly side), parents and visitors should only enter through the West Wing (Grand Avenue side) office entrance.
- Lunch Visitation: Parents and visitors will sign into Raptor in the office and are encouraged to eat in the foyer or outside at the picnic tables since space is limited in our cafeteria. During this transition period, we are asking that visitors only eat with their children and not take other students with them. We're also asking that parents say goodbye after lunch and allow students to return to the classroom with their classes.
- Classroom Visits: We are elated to have parents and volunteers back in the building! Guest readers, volunteers, and helpers are very much needed. Please be sure to schedule a time with your child's teacher prior to arrival for classroom visits.
We can't wait to welcome our Eagles back from Spring Break and hope you had a relaxing week away from school. Please click the link or read below to get the full Windermere Update.
Jennifer MacAllister, Principal
Windermere Update: 3/21