Did you know the College and Career Center is open during the summer? Yup, I’m here to help so please reach out if you need anything.
Graduated Seniors: Need help transitioning to college? Need a transcript? Looking for a career path? I can help!
Upcoming Seniors: Want to start your college applications? Need help with your application essays? Looking into trade schools? I can help!
Monday - Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
*By phone or email*
Monday & Wednesday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday & Thursday by appointment
Please contact me with any questions and stay tuned for Summer Workshops Announcements!
John B. Connally High School College and Career Center(CCC) aims to help students, parents, and campus community members successfully understand and navigate the post-secondary exploration process. The primary goal is to help students determine an appropriate path beyond graduation.
The CCC will provide guidance, education, and tools to support both the District's and Connally High School's goals and outcomes for graduates. The College and Career Advisor will work with academic counseling, teachers, staff and administration at Connally to provide a coordinated and comprehensive approach to helping students beyond high school graduation and to make this process as smooth and as meaningful as possible. The post-secondary exploration process begins with the academic and social inspection of ninth and tenth grades; the most carefully supported preparations occur during junior and senior years.
The College and Career Center and Advisor will:
- Aim to provide extensive college and career advising that addresses the student's individual needs - academic, social, extracurricular, and financial
- Focus upon the personal strengths of each student and use those strengths to guide every student's path
- Focus on the idea of "fit" in providing advice to students about the process and specific educational opportunities
- Help students focus on the idea of finding a set of schools or potential career paths that provide confidence, wonder, and enthusiasm regarding their future
- Foster a culture of self-advocacy and student responsibility for the considerations and decisions this process demands, with the help of our staff
Additionally, we commit to providing the following services and opportunities:
- Computer lab to work on college/employment applications and appropriate searches
- Personal assistance with the college application process
- Individual help with career and post-secondary exploration
- SAT/ACT registration and test fee waivers for students enrolled in the free/reduced lunch program
- Visits by college/university representatives on campus
- Scholarship and financial aid information
- Review of college/employment application materials
What is my role in this process?
- Take full ownership of this process
- Be open-minded
- Ask tough questions of themselves
- Help your child steer the process
- Openly and honestly discuss topics like location, finances, etc.
- Show support and be involved
- Understand the process and impact on your child
College and Career Advisor should:
- Be informed about colleges and universities
- Educate college and universities about Connally High School
- Provide information and support to students and families for life after Connally High School
- Structure a process to enable and develop a sense of responsibility and empowerment while being supportive to individual needs