PfISD Social and Emotional Learning
Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) is a process for helping children and adults develop fundamental skills for life effectiveness. SEL teaches the skills we all need to handle ourselves, our relationships, and our work effectively and ethically. These skills include:
- recognizing and managing our emotions,
- developing caring and concern for others,
- establishing positive relationships,
- making responsible decisions, and
- handling challenging situations constructively and ethically.
Skills and concepts are integrated in academic lessons and practiced to enhance the climate of the school. Out-of-school time providers and parents reinforce SEL skills as well.