Pflugerville ISD has Licensed Social Workers employed by the district. We are available to assist families of students enrolled in our district.
School Social Workers provide families and students with support by mobilizing available resources, fostering positive relationships between family, school and community and developing opportunities for students to prosper in their educational experiences and beyond. For more information about Social Workers, go to http://www.naswtx.org
Click here for more information on our district social work services. http://www.pfisd.net/Page/960
Our School Social Worker, Ana Bowie, is an invaluable resource on campus and can help PHS students and their families with:
- Needs assessment and resource referrals for mental health concerns such as, drugs, self-injury, depression suicidal threats, anger management. Other areas of assessment areas include teen pregnancy, teen dating, displacement of students and families, and matters relating to parent-teen relationships.
- Crisis Intervention and Counseling with Community Referrals for additional supports, if needed.
- Student Dispute resolution
- Case management of Pregnant/Parenting Students and Coordination of homebound academic supports
- Character Education and Support Groups
- Awareness and Prevention Programing
Campus Team Members
Ana Bowie Campus Social Worker 512-594-0539
Heath Newton Integral Care –School Based Therapist 512-594-0688
Kristen Hernandez Parent Liaison 512-594-0500