Library Media Specialist Kimberly LaMarre
Hours: Monday - Friday.....7:55 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
- Students may come to the library before school from 7:55-8:15. Show your agenda at B hall doors to staff member on duty. Students are asked to limit visits to twice weekly to allow for equal access.
- Lunch passes are sent via the Lunch Pass binder to the AP during your designated lunch time. Ask your AP if you need to visit our library.
- The library is open after school for students who need to use a computer or use library materials. Check with Ms LaMarre to be sure there is staff on duty and available.
Check out policy
Students may check out 2-3 items and keep them for 3 weeks.
- Items may be renewed unless there is a "Hold" by another student. Students may renew their books online prior to being overdue.
- Fines are charged for lost or damaged items and must be cleared to check out new materials.
Fines can be paid online through the PFISD webstore.
*** Pens/pencils 25¢ *** Mechanical pencils 50¢ each *** Gel pens 50¢ ***
Pumas read! Park Crest library supports our students who strive to read more books this year than last year. 10+ genres give students lots of choice when selecting their books. Library hours give maximum access for students to always have a book in hand. Teachers who read offer lots of conversations to keep everyone interested and inspired. Everyone reads and everyone wins. Students are expected to have a book on hand in every class to capture those minutes reading. They are encouraged to keep a "To Be Read" list as well.
Park Crest Library hosts a Maker Space area in addition to circulating books and welcoming classes. Our Maker Space is a permanent area that offers Makey Makeys, Little Bits, Zentangle, Legos, Black Out Poetry, K'Nex, 3D puzzles, Hour of Code, Snap Circuits, Sphero robots, a button maker, and a sewing machine. What can you make in our MakerSpace?
An after school class is offered once a month to encourage Making, Creating, and Inventing. Most classes are free but a few have a minimal fee to cover materials.