• What do I bring the first day of school? Only the basic supplies of a notebook and pencil are required for the first day.

    How do I request homework if my child is absent more than one day? Please call the office at 594-2400 to request. Students are given the total amount of days absent as a grace period to turn in missed work.

    How do I find out if my child has any homework? Please ask your student to write homework assignments in his/her Agenda.

    What do I do if I am absent? On the first day a student returns after an absence, he/she should take a note from a parent/guardian or physician when appropriate, explaining the reason for the absence to the attendance window. This must be done before first period and is necessary even if only a few classes were missed. The student will be issued a “blue slip” by the attendance office. It is the student’s responsibility to check with each teacher for make-up work when he/she returns to school.

    In the event of an extended trip per district policy students shall be allowed to make up school work for a maximum score of 70 percent. The work shall be completed within the time allotted. Attendance is an important part of student success - please limit absences!
    For questions regarding attendance please call 594-2438 for Mrs. Gonzales.

    How can I contact the teachers? You may call or email the teacher. All staff emails and phone numbers are listed on the staff page. During instructional time, all calls normally go to voicemail. If you call during a conference period, please ask the main office to connect you to the teacher. You should expect a response within 24 hours.

    Who do I call if I have questions about lunch money? Please call 594-2445 and ask to talk to Ms. Melba Blakenship, the Cafeteria Manager.

    Can I have lunch with my student? Parents/guardians, older siblings, and anyone with parent/guardian permission may have lunch with their student. Parents may not bring food or refreshments during the school day for any child other than their own. This includes pizza, cupcakes, cookies, soda and candy.

    Can I bring flowers, gifts, or balloons to my student for their birthday or special occasion? You may, but they will be kept in the main office until the end of the day for safe keeping.

    What time should I pick up my student from football games, volleyball games, dances?All "B" team football games end around 6:45 p.m. or so, while the "A" games end around 8:30 p.m.. All "B" team volleyball games end around 6:30 p.m. or so while the "A" games end around 7:45 p.m.. Students are reminded to call parents at the middle of 4th quarter or the last volleyball game. Parent pickup for sporting events is at the back of the school. All dances end at 9:00 pm.

    How do I find out how my student is performing academically? Contacting the teacher directly is always best - email is available on the staff page. Progress reports are sent home every 3 weeks and 6 weeks and report cards at nine weeks. If you do not receive a report at the appropriate time, please contact your child's teacher, assistant principal, or counselor. Also check Skyward online- if you do not have access please contact your student's Counselor or the Registrar 594-2400 for more information.

    What is the Cell Phone Policy? Cell phones are prohibited 8:05 a.m. - 3:35 p.m.. Phones must be picked up by a parent when confiscated. There is a $15 fine for the 2nd time and every time thereafter.

    What is the Tardy Policy? Tardies to class start over at every nine week. Tardies will be monitored by the assistant principal and classroom teacher. This includes tardies to first period.

    Consequences for being tardy to class: 1st Tardy - Warning, 2nd Tardy - Stand Quietly for 15 minutes or classroom consequence, 3rd Tardy -After school Detention (2 hours) 3:35- 5:35 p.m. and 4th Tardy - Office Referral /1 Day ISS.

    How much are PE uniforms and band instruments? PE uniforms are sold at the beginning of school and during PE class they are typically $20.00 for a set. The band director can provide information on how to obtain and maintain an instrument.

    What is Homework Hall? Homework Hall is where students go after school if their transportation is not here to pick them up or if they are waiting for an after school event. All students that are waiting outside at 3:35pm will be ushered into the cafeteria. Parents that arrive after 3:35 p.m. will need to come into the cafeteria and sign out their student. Student expectations for Homework Hall are: Read or complete homework assignments, Sit by grade level, Work quietly, and Follow all school rules.