DESSAU DRAGONS LIBRARY
Mrs. Sarah Velarde, Librarian
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 2:40 p.m. Monday through Friday
Parent Check Out (Times TBA)
(when back in session)
(includes link to Clever research resources)
The mission of the Dessau Elementary Library is to foster a love of literature and reading, collaborate with teachers and staff to provide quality learning opportunities for students, and to promote life-long learning for both pleasure and information. Come on in... you will find a friendly (but quiet) librarian and a welcoming atmosphere that is conducive to reading and research!Dessau Elementary Library Facts:
- A growing collection - We have over 12,000 volumes including fiction, non-fiction, everybody (picture) books and books in Spanish. Look for many new books in the coming school year!
- Story times, library lessons, book fairs, etc. - There are many opportunities for student learning and fun in our library!
- Self Check Out - Students are independent library citizens and are able to check out their own books using Destiny, our online library management system.
- Technology - Students have access to computers in the library. We also have rolling carts with laptop computers and iPads for classroom use. These may be checked out by teachers.
We want our students to be responsible library patrons. In the first days of library class, students are taught our library policies:
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!
- A permission slip to check out books must be signed by parent/guardian at the beginning of the school year.
- Students in grades 2-5 may check out two (2) books for two weeks. Students in grades K-1 may check out one book.
- Books may be renewed for an additional two weeks.
- Take good care of your library books.
- Fines are assessed for lost and/or damaged books. There are no late book fines.
- And last but not least: Find a great book and have fun reading!