- John B. Connally High School
- Principal's Blog
Principal's Blog: Dec. 1Posted by Marcial Guajardo on 12/1/2020 3:00:00 PM
Connally Senior Parents,
My apologies if the links did not work for you. Here is another try.
Connally High School Students and Parents:
Save the date. Don't miss your chance to order your Cap & Gown and Graduation Announcements.
What: Cap & Gown and Graduation Announcement Order Event
When: Wednesday, December 2, 2020
Where: CHS - near the main gym entrance
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Herff Jones look forward to helping you celebrate the Big Moments of your Senior Year!
Principal's Blog: Nov. 30Posted by Marcial Guajardo on 12/1/2020 7:00:00 AM
Greetings Connally Families!
I hope your Thanksgiving break was relaxing and safe.
We welcomed back our in-person students today. It is also time again to decide on the Mode of Instruction for your students for the spring semester.
Please complete: Method of instruction for January 6th , so we can prepare for our next nine weeks.
For parents of SENIORS: Connally 2021.pdf
Semester Exams are just around the corner.
You will find the Exam Schedule here: Sem Exam Sched2020.pdf
Please remember that masks must be worn, we are doing our best at social distancing, and attendance counts!
Whether virtual or in-person, students need to log in each day and make progress in all classes. If a student does not log in, they are counted absent.
Stay safe! Thanks for your support of our Connally Cougars!
Principal's Blog: Nov. 3Posted by Marcial Guajardo on 11/4/2020 4:00:00 PM
Connally Cougar Families,
November is here. Hope you are all well and safe.
Food Services for our PFISD Students:
All students in PFISD receive free breakfast and lunch. Please encourage your student to eat breakfast and lunch with us.
Beginning Monday, Nov. 2, Aramark Food Services will be providing free breakfast and lunch meals to students at all PfISD campuses Monday through Friday, as allowable by the USDA and Texas Department of Agriculture, for the 2020-21 school year. This offering includes on-site meals for students participating in in-person learning as well as curbside services for virtual learners, and meals for qualifying afterschool care programs.
For more information on USDA’s and TDA’s summer meals program or to find a location near you, call 2-1-1, text FOODTX to 877-877 or visit:Squaremeals.org
It is Progress Report time. Students who are in UIL events are held accountable for earning grades to keep them eligible.
Please stay connected and access your child’s grades. We want all parents to know what their students are doing in classes.
SKYWARD – https://www.pfisd.net/skyward (Here is where you can access your student’s grades.)
Virtual learning students and many in-person learners use Canvas to access virtual learning.
As of 10/13/20, students began using Canvas to access their coursework.
Students can access Canvas through the PfISD website - How to Access Canvas.
Students should also bookmark pfisd.instructure.com to access Clever in 1 step.
For help: PfISD Canvas Help
Parents, please stay connected.
We want you to know how your students are doing. Grades can be viewed through our SKYWARD system.
Attendance counts! Students are not logging in and they are being counted absent. Virtual and in-person students are accountable for attendance every day. They must log in and access their assignments.
Students must complete their assignments to earn credit for their classes.
Please reach out to teachers and grade-level Assistant Principals if you need assistance.
Paula Gamble, Principal
Cougar Update: Oct. 15Posted by Marcial Guajardo on 10/16/2020 7:00:00 AM
Some important SAFETY reminders as we end the week:
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Social distancing is something we will continue to do (reminders are all around.)
- Please send your student with a water bottle.
Other important things:
- Attendance counts! If students are not logging in or progressing in their classes, they are counted absent. Too many absences will result in a loss of credit.
- Teachers are working hard to engage students. Please make sure your student is accessing the work and attending synchronous lessons. Grades are earned, not given.
- Students must earn a 70 or above to be eligible to play sports or compete in extra-curricular activities.
- Students must be engaged to learn. We want to all students to succeed, and the first step is engaging in class.
- Dress code is being enforced. If you need to access the dress code, you can find it here: PFISD Dress Code
Connally Women's Basketball Tryouts
When: October 21st and 22nd
Time: 6:30 a.m. – 8 a.m.
Where: Main Gym
*Bring mask AND water bottle
Contact Coach Glover for any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Otras cosas importantes:
- ¡La asistencia es sumamente importante! Si los estudiantes no inician sesión o no progresan en sus clases, se cuentan como ausentes. Demasiadas ausencias resultarán en una pérdida de crédito.
- Los maestros están trabajando arduamente para involucrar a los estudiantes. Asegúrese de que su estudiante esté accediendo al trabajo y asistiendo a lecciones sincrónicas. Las calificaciones se obtienen, no se dan.
- Los estudiantes deben obtener un 70 o más para ser elegibles para practicar deportes o competir en actividades extracurriculares.
- Los estudiantes deben participar para aprender. Queremos que todos los estudiantes tengan éxito y el primer paso es participar en la clase.
- Se aplica el código de vestimenta. Si necesita acceder al código de vestimenta, puede encontrarlo aquí: PFISD Dress Code
Pruebas de baloncesto femenino de Connally
Cuándo: 21 y 22 de octubre
Hora: 6:30 a.m. - 8 a.m.
Dónde: Gimnasio principal
* Traer mascarilla Y botella de agua
Comuníquese con el entrenador Glover para cualquier pregunta: email@example.com
Cougar Newsletter: Oct. 1Posted by Marcial Guajardo on 10/2/2020 7:00:00 AM
Greetings Cougar Families!
The first nine weeks will end on Oct. 8. Please encourage your students to talk to their teachers, attend daily classes, and complete their assignments. We want all students to earn credit for each course, and this can only happen if they are engaging in classes – whether virtual or in-person.
- Oct. 9 – No school
- Oct. 12- Student/Staff Holiday
The PSAT will be offered at Connally High School on Oct. 29. This will be the only date for the High School PSAT. No make-up testing will be available in the district.
PSAT Testing Groups:
- 9th Grade AVID students
- 9th Grade Geometry and Advanced Math students.
- All 10th & 11th Grade Students.
To facilitate a safe, socially distanced test environment, high school campuses are requesting only the students in the PSAT testing groups be on campus that day. This plan allows campuses to use all teachers as test proctors and to have ample classroom space for learners with a minimum six foot spacing. Therefore,
- Campus will be closed on Oct. 29 to all students not testing.
- Students not in one of the testing groups will stay at home and complete asynchronous virtual learning assignments.
- Students taking the PSAT must come to campus whether virtual or on-campus learning option has been selected.
Students in the testing group have been pre-registered to take the PSAT on Oct. 29.
To confirm your registration, please complete this PSAT confirmation form by Thursday, Oct. 8: forms.gle/bVZ2GtYWqqeW7LfG8
Study guides for students to prep for the PSAT:
- PSAT 8/9 Study Guide https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/pdf/psat-8-9-student-guide.pdf
- PSAT NMSQT Study Guide https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/pdf/psat-nmsqt-student-guide.pdf
El PSAT se ofrecerá en la Escuela Preparatoria Connally el 29 de octubre de 2020. Esta será la única fecha para la prueba PSAT de la escuela preparatoria. No habrá pruebas de recuperación disponibles en el distrito.
Grupos de pruebas PSAT:
- Estudiantes AVID de 9° grado
- Estudiantes de Geometría y Matemáticas Avanzadas del 9° grado.
- Todos los estudiantes de los grados 10° y 11°
Para facilitar un ambiente de prueba seguro y con sana distancia social, las escuelas preparatorias están solicitando que solo los estudiantes en los grupos de pruebas PSAT estén en el campus ese día. Este plan permite que las escuelas usen a todos los maestros como supervisores de pruebas y que tengan un amplio espacio en el salón de clases para los estudiantes con un espaciamiento mínimo de seis pies. Por lo tanto,
- La escuela estará cerrada el 29 de octubre de 2020 a todos los estudiantes que no tomen las pruebas.
- Los estudiantes que no estén en uno de los grupos de pruebas se quedarán en casa y completarán tareas de aprendizaje virtual asíncrono.
- Los estudiantes que toman el PSAT deben venir a la escuela sin importar si se ha seleccionado una opción de aprendizaje virtual o en la escuela.
Los estudiantes del grupo de pruebas han sido pre-registrados para tomar el PSAT el 29 de octubre.
Para confirmar su inscripción, por favor complete este formulario de confirmación de PSAT antes del jueves 8 de octubre. https://forms.gle/bVZ2GtYWqqeW7LfG8
Guías de estudio para que los estudiantes se preparen para el PSAT:
- PSAT 8/9 Guía de Estudio https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/pdf/psat-8-9-student-guide.pdf
- PSAT NMSQT Guía de estudio https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/pdf/psat-nmsqt-student-guide.pdf
PSAT sẽ được cung cấp tại Trường Trung học Connally vào ngày 29 tháng 10 năm 2020. Đây sẽ là ngày duy nhất cho PSAT Trung học. Học khu không có ngày thi bù.
Nhóm được làm bài kiểm tra PSAT:
- Học sinh AVID lớp 9
- Hình Học Lớp 9 và Lớp Toán Nâng Cao.
- Tất cả học sinh lớp 10 & 11.
Để tạo điều kiện cho một môi trường kiểm tra an toàn, cách xa xã hội, các trường trung học chỉ yêu cầu học sinh trong các nhóm Kiểm tra PSAT có mặt trong khuôn viên trường ngày hôm đó. Kế hoạch này cho phép các trường học sử dụng tất cả giáo viên làm người giám sát kiểm tra và có không gian lớp học rộng rãi cho người học với khoảng cách tối thiểu là sáu foot. Vì thế,
- Nhà Trường sẽ đóng cửa vào ngày 29 tháng 10 năm 2020 đối với tất cả các sinh viên không làm bài kiểm tra.
- Học sinh không thuộc một trong các nhóm làm bài kiểm tra sẽ ở nhà và hoàn thành các bài tập trực tuyến..
- Học sinh thi PSAT phải đến trường cho dù phương án học tập trực tuyến hay trong khuôn viên trường đã được chọn.
Học sinh trong nhóm kiểm tra đã được đăng ký trước để thi PSAT vào ngày 29 tháng 10.
Để xác nhận đăng ký của bạn, vui lòng hoàn thành mẫu xác nhận PSAT này trước Thứ Năm, ngày 8 tháng 10. https://forms.gle/bVZ2GtYWqqeW7LfG8
Hướng dẫn học tập cho học sinh chuẩn bị cho PSAT:
PSAT 8/9 Study Guide https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/pdf/psat-8-9-student-guide.pdf
PSAT NMSQT Study Guide https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/pdf/psat-nmsqt-student-guide.pdf
If you have any questions about the PSAT, you may contact Rachel Roepke at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cougar Newsletter: Sept. 28Posted by Marcial Guajardo on 9/28/2020
As we embark on the next week of teaching and learning in a blended virtual/in-person way, we want to say thanks to all of those families doing their best to make this strange COVID way work for you. We know it is a challenge, but we encourage all students to keep engaging with your teachers. Attendance COUNTS – virtually and in person! Loss of credit for absences has not changed.
For in-person learning, please encourage your students to play it safe and continue to social distance and wear their masks correctly. We will remind them, but it takes all of us to keep each other safe.
MODE OF INSTRUCTION:
If you have not done your survey for the second 9 weeks, please complete this survey so we can prepare for the number of students coming for in-person learning. Student MOI choice
Register TODAY for Code2College Fall 2020 Workshops!
Code2College has entered its fifth year of delivering after-school coding education, professional skills development, STEM industry exposure and mentorship to students throughout Central Texas and now all over the country. We’re proud to enter our first year of partnership with Connally and we’re excited to extend an invitation to all Cougars to attend any of our STEM industry case competitions, professional skills workshops and college access sessions with corporate partners like Google, H-E-B Digital and Oracle.
The full Fall 2020 workshop schedule is noted in the attached flyer, as well as our registration link:tinyurl.com/c2cfallworkshops2020. The registration deadline is Friday, October 16th.
Fall 2020 workshops begin the week of September 28th and continue through mid-November. We’re accepting registrations on a rolling basis!
Matt Stephenson --Chief Executive Officer | Code2College --DIR 512.790.2633 | CELL 917.589.0847 -- email@example.com
Make it a great week & STAY SAFE!
Return to Learn: In-personPosted by Marcial Guajardo on 9/13/2020
Sept. 11, 2020
Greetings Connally Cougar Families!
Important Reminders for those returning for in-person learning on Monday, Sept. 14:
- Bring your Chromebook and charger with you. Use the protective sleeve and make sure you are careful with your backpack.
- Student IDs:
- 10-12 grade students should come with their IDs visible – this is a district expectation.
- 9th graders will be issued ID's in the first week
- Masks are mandatory – all students and teachers will wear masks during the day.
- Water Bottles – please send your student with a water bottle. All water fountains are disconnected, for safety, but bottle filling stations will be available for use.
- No outside food deliveries during the day for students. Students may eat in the cafeteria or bring their lunch. We will not accept food deliveries for students as we will limit people entering the campus for safety precautions.
- Students will social distance, sanitize, and wash hands frequently,
- Please review our Campus Safety Plan for Connally High School.
On Campus Bell Schedule
1st / 5th 9 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
2nd / 6th 10:35 a.m. - 12:05 p.m.
Lunches A lunch: noon to 12:35 p.m.
B lunch: 12:35 p.m. to 1:05 p.m.
3rd / 7th 1:10 p.m. to 2:40 p.m.
4th / 8th 2:45 p.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Code2CollegePosted by Marcial Guajardo on 8/31/2020
Apply to Code2College Fall 2020 Cohort by noon, Wednesday, Sept. 2
For the past five years, Code2College has provided free after-school coding education, mentorship, college access support and STEM industry exposure with companies like Google, Amazon, Facebook, Indeed and sixty other leading Tech firms hundreds of students in Pflugerville ISD.
This year, Code2College will be conducting all programming virtually and the only technical requirements for students are a laptop (or chromebook) and internet connection.
Code2College offers a great deal of benefits ranging from project-based coding instruction for beginners and intermediates, college scholarship opportunities, exposure to a variety of STEM industries and paid, technical summer internships with companies like RetailMeNot and H-E-B. In fact, Code2College has placed several of our high school students in these internships for years.
If interested, please apply no later than noon, Wednesday, Sept. 2. Applications will be reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis, so apply as early as possible as there are only 25 seats remaining.
NOTE: This program is offered at no cost to families.
ChromebooksPosted by Marcial Guajardo on 8/21/2020 9:00:00 AM
Aug. 21, 2020
School is in session. It is important that students have a device for their classes.
You still have a chance to pick one up. Chromebook pickup takes place each Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to noon and 1-4 p.m. Please make appointments with Mr. Cervantes: 512-594-0907 or Joe.firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay safe Cougars!
CHS Update: Aug. 18Posted by Marcial Guajardo on 8/19/2020 3:00:00 PM
Connally Cougar Family,
Greetings! School has begun! Our first two days are behind us and our teachers are busy building great relationships with the students. Parents, please encourage you students to follow the block schedule each day and check in with their teachers. Attendance counts every day!
Students need a laptop or Chromebook to engage in the learning. If your student does not have a device yet, please come check one out.
- Chromebook distribution this week: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 3-5 p.m.
From Zoe Riemer, Student Press Adviser
Hello students and parents!
A year like no other means a yearbook like no other.
Rest assured that even if nothing else about this school year is normal, there will be a 20-21 Connally yearbook. The yearbook staff is geared up to cover this school year no matter where it takes place.
With that in mind, we need your help.
Where do we start? The first day of school.
Send me your first day pictures. We’d love to have photos of your CHS students on their first day, whether it is your traditional first day picture or a photo of them working from home.
Please email photos to the yearbook adviser email@example.com
Email the photos as attachments and be sure to identify the student by first name, last name and grade.
Be on the lookout for future photo requests. We appreciate your submitting photos for us while we are apart. Thank you!
Free Curbside Breakfast To All PfISD Enrolled Students
For Connally students, curbside meals will be available at Westview Middle School Monday through Friday 7-9 a.m. and 11 a.m. to noon.
Stay Safe Cougars!
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- March 2020
- February 2019
- September 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014