Foreign Exchange Program
Thank you for your interest in the Foreign Exchange Program with Pflugerville Independent School District for the 2023-2024 academic year.Pflugerville ISD has received an approved waiver from the Texas Education Agency (TEA) that allows up to 5 Foreign Exchange Student enrollment acceptances at each high school. This allows a total of 20 FES enrollments for the entire school year within our 4 high school campuses.Applications will be accepted March 1, 2023 - May 31, 2023.Applications will be considered in the order they are received; however, any decision to approve or decline an application shall not be solely based on the order in which applications were received. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.Approved acceptance forms will be sent to program coordinators on June 15, 2023.
This form must be submitted by a program coordinator with a nationally recognized foreign exchange program. Submitting this form does not guarantee acceptance or placement.In order to provide an equitable process to all interested students and organizations, the district will initially accept up to 2 placements per campus from a nationally recognized foreign exchange program; including semester and full year placements. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Applications must be submitted by a program coordinator directly, applications submitted by a host family will not be accepted. Applications will be reviewed in the order of receipt.Pflugerville ISD reserves the right to re-open the application anytime, after the closed application window, if it determines that re-opening the application will serve in the best interest of the students and campuses that receive FES program enrollments.
- Student must be at least 16 years of age, on or before, the first day of the academic year
- Student must be entering the 11th or 12th grade, according to transcript
- Student must be sponsored by a nationally recognized foreign exchange program
- All documentation must be completed by the student and program coordinator prior to enrolling with PfISD
- Pflugerville ISD does not complete I-20 forms
- Student cannot enroll on a tourist visa
- Student must reside with a host family within the PfISD attendance boundaries
The following records are required for application consideration:
- Student’s most recent transcript
- Student’s birth certificate, passport, hospital record, or other official document to show proof of age
- Current immunization record (to be reviewed by campus nurse upon enrollment)