Advanced Academic Services
Pflugerville ISD is committed to the belief that all students deserve the opportunity to participate in a rigorous and challenging curriculum in order to prepare them for postsecondary success. Based on this premise, all students are highly encouraged to enroll in Advanced, Accelerated, Advanced Placement, ACC Dual Credit, and UT On Ramps courses offered at their campus.
In PfISD, all students receive:
- Equitable access to advanced academic coursework
- High quality, challenging instruction
- Acceleration opportunities when needed
- College and career preparation
- Social and emotional learning
- Supports to ensure academic success:
- Highly trained teachers
- AP test preparation and intervention
- AVID system
Advanced academic services are offered to all learners who desire to participate in advanced coursework and activities. Students identified as Gifted and Talented receive services through advanced academics. These services are designed to meet the general intellectual and specific academic needs of students in grades K-12. Instruction is differentiated based on individual student needs.
Advanced Academic Service Design:
Elementary: all teachers provide curriculum and instruction at high levels of difficulty as defined by Bloom's Taxonomy and Webb's Depth of Knowledge and at high levels of complexity as defined by Erikson's Levels of Complexity. Teachers use differentiated instruction to mee the instructional needs of students.
Secondary: Advanced, Accelerated, Advanced Placement, Dual Credit, and OnRamps classes in the four core disciplines as well as languages and the arts, are available to any student willing to engage in the challenges of difficult coursework. All AP program courses follow the curriculum provided by College Board.
A diverse array of services are available to Advanced Academic and Gifted students:
- The AP Capstone Diploma Program
- High School Speech and Debate Program
- University Interscholastic League - UIL Academics
- Fine arts – music, drama, and art
- Participation in national and international competitions
- Career & Technology Education Pathways leading to Endorsements
- Advanced Placement classes
- Dual Credit with ACC partnership
- OnRamps partnership with UT