- Pflugerville High School
- Principal's Blog 2021-22
Happy National Arbor Day
Posted by Heike Cook on 4/29/2022
I must start by saying I am so happy and proud of all of our seniors who attended prom Saturday night. Our students looked AMAZING, behaved amazing, and seemed to have had an amazing time! Those are memories that will last a lifetime!
We have a busy road ahead, so once again, here is the reminder of upcoming events:
5/02 AP Testing - US Gov Politics (8 am)
5/02 AP Testing - Chemistry (12 Noon)
5/02 AP Testing - Spanish Lit (12 Noon)
5/03 AP Testing - Environ. Science (8 am)
5/03 AP Testing - Psychology (12 Noon)
5/04 AP Testing - Eng Lit/Composition (8 am)
5/04 AP Testing - Computer Science A (12 Noon)
5/05 AP Testing - Human Geography (8 am)
5/05 AP Testing - Macroeconomics (8 am)
5/05 AP Testing - Seminar (12 Noon)
5/05 AP Testing - Statistics (12 Noon)
5/06 AP Testing - US History (8 am)
5/06 AP Testing - Art History (12 Noon)
5/09 AP Testing - Calc AB (8 am)
5/09 AP Testing - Calc BC (8 am)
5/09 AP Testing - Computer Science Principals (12 Noon)
5/10 AP Testing - Eng Lang/Composition (8 am)
5/10 AP Testing - Physics C: Mechanics (12 Noon)
5/10 AP Testing - Physics C: Electricity/Magnetism (2 pm)
5/10 STAAR Eoc Alg I, US Hist, Biology
5/10 TSI Testing
5/11 AP Testing - Eng Lang/Composition (8 am)
5/11 AP Testing - Physics C: mechanics (12 noon)
5/11 AP Testing - Physics C: Electricity/Magnetism (2 pm)
5/11-13 EOC Makeups
5/12 AP Testing - World History (8 am)
5/12 AP Testing - Physics 1: Alg Based (12 Noon)
5/16-20 Final TSI Opportunity (Open to all PHS Students)
5/18 Academic Awards Night (FAC 6-7:30pm)
5/18 AP Late Testing - Macroeconomics (12 Noon)
5/20 AP Late Testing - Seminar (12 Noon)
5/23-24 Middle School College Fair
05/25 1st Graduation Practice - 12:30 pm in the FAC
05/26 2nd Graduation Practice - 8:30 am in the Large Gym (Bring your gown)
06/02 PHS Graduation at the Pfield 8:30 am
Congratulations Lady Panther Softball:
I am proud to announce that our PHS softball team finished the season as district champs and have a beautiful trophy in the front office to prove it! Since then, they have already moved through the first round of the playoffs with a 6-0 win Thursday night against Crockett High. Stay tuned for more information on round two!
Congratulations Boy’s Baseball:
Baseball also recently finished the season and will be heading into the playoffs! The Panthers will match up against McCallum. Games will begin next Thursday at Northwest Park Baseball field at 7pm, game two will be next Friday at PHS at 7pm, and if necessary, game three will be at PHS Saturday at 1pm.
A Word from PMS:
PTO Panther Family Magic Show featuring Robert Tarry: May 4th from 7:00-8:00 pm
- Where: Pflugerville Middle School Cafeteria
- $5 Entrance Fee per person
- Kona Ice will be available!!
- Kona Ice - Magic Show May 4th
Congratulations to our UIL Regional Academic Competitors:
Please congratulate the following students who earned medals at the UIL Regional Academic Competition this weekend in Houston.
Kenneth Kalu - placed 2nd in Current Issues & Events (state qualifier)
-placed 4th in Social Studies (alternate to state)
Paul Gonzalez - placed 5th in Copy Editing
Social Studies Team - placed 3rd (Kenneth Kalu, Clarke Simmons, Nicolas Mills, Honour Onafeso)
Congratulations to our PHS HOSA Biomedical Debate Team:
PHS HOSA Biomedical Debate placed 2nd at the State Competition this last week in Galveston! They are progressing on to Internationals in June! The students who accomplished this amazing task are:
- Kenneth Kalu
- Clarke Simmons
- Elise Talamor
Join Us for Our Spring Lady Panthers Show:
Attention juniors and seniors:
PHS has set up a partnership to offer students a potential paid summer internship with the opportunity to earn industry certification.
Scan the QR code below or click this link if you are interested. See Mr. Howell for more information.
From our Counseling Department:
AP Exam testing is just around the corner. With all students on campus again, testing is looking more like it has in the past. Please keep the following things in mind:
- AP Exam Schedule: https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/exam-administration-ordering-scores/exam-dates
- Exams can still be dropped/cancelled up through the end of April. There is a $40 cancellation fee per exam. If a student paid full price of $86, they would be refunded $46 after the cancellation fee was deducted. If a student paid the reduced lunch price of $15 per exam, they would owe $25 for cancelling their test.
- If a student does not cancel their exam and does not show up for their exam, they will be charged the $40 cancellation fee.
- There will be NO REFUNDS for exams starting May 1st.
- Exam doors will shut at 8 AM and 12 Noon, if a student is not in the testing room when doors close, they will not be allowed to test. There are no make-up exams.
- Students should report to testing with 2 #2 pencils and 2 black or blue pens. Snacks are allowed, but must be in a sealed container.
- If you have questions or want to cancel an exam, please contact one of our AP Coordinators:
PHS Lead Counselor