Foreign Exchange Student Program 2020-21
June 29, 2020
The Pflugerville ISD Student Affairs department invites interested foreign exchange student program coordinators to submit student applications for the 2020-21 PfISD Foreign Exchange Program, beginning on Monday, June 29.
Applications must be submitted by a program coordinator directly. Applications submitted by a host family cannot be accepted. Applications will be accepted in the order that they are received, with date and timestamp to be monitored by email receipt.
In order to provide an equitable process to all, applications submitted prior to this notification have not been maintained for consideration.
- Student must be at least 16 years of age, on or before the first day of the academic year
- Student must be entering the 11th or 12th grade
- Student must be sponsored by a nationally recognized foreign exchange program
- All documentation must be completed by the student and program coordinator prior to enrolling with PfISD
- Pflugerville ISD does not complete I-20 forms
- Student cannot enroll on a tourist visa
- Student must reside with a host family within the PfISD attendance boundaries. Placement may occur at the high school campus of which the host family is zoned for, based on space availability. If the home campus or requested campus is not available, an alternate campus may be selected.
The following records are required to be submitted with an application for consideration:
- Student’s most recent transcript
- Student’s birth certificate, passport, hospital record, or other official document to show proof of age
- Current immunization record (to be reviewed by district health and safety department ahead of acceptance)
Please note that incomplete applications cannot be accepted and one application per email will be processed. Also, please refrain from submitting multiple applications within a single email message.
Please submit completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, within the aforementioned guidelines. Acceptance approval forms will be sent via email to the program coordinator.
Responses will be provided within 10 business days of application receipt. Please allow for this processing time, ahead of seeking an update on an application.