- Parmer Lane Elementary School
Parmer Lane a six-star campus
Aug. 20, 2018
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) on Aug. 15 released the 2018 state accountability ratings for 1,200 school districts and district charters. Beginning this year, all multi-campus school districts and charters receive an accountability rating based on an A–F scale.
While district ratings are based on an A–F scale, the 2018 rating labels for individual campuses continued under the Met Standard, Met Alternative Standard or Improvement Required labels. The A–F rating labels will be applied to campuses at the end of the upcoming school year.
TEA on Aug. 15 also released the 2018 state accountability ratings for more than 8,700 campuses statewide. Campuses receive one of three ratings under the accountability system: Met Standard, Met Alternative Standard, or Improvement Required.
Distinction Designations are also awarded for achievement in several areas and are based on performance relative to a group of campuses of similar type, size, grade span and student demographics.
Parmer Lane Elementary received a Met Standard overall rating with six Distinction Designations – the most the campus could earn. Below is a list of areas where Parmer Lane has been recognized for achievement:
- Academic Achievement in Mathematics
- Academic Achievement in Science
- Academic Achievement in English Language Arts/Reading
- Top 25 Percent: Comparative Academic Growth
- Postsecondary Readiness
- Top 25 Percent: Comparative Closing the Gaps
Campuses statewide also receive a rating based on performance in three areas:
- Student Achievement measures what students know and can do by the end of the year. It includes results from state assessments across all subjects for all students, on both general and alternate assessments, College, Career, and Military Readiness (CCMR) indicators, like AP and ACT results, and graduation rates.
- School Progress measures how much better students are doing on the STAAR test this year versus last year, and how much better students are doing academically relative to schools with similar percentages of economically disadvantaged students.
- Closing the Gaps looks at performance among student groups, including various racial/ethnic groups, socioeconomic backgrounds and other factors.
Parmer Lane received Met Standard grades in each of the categories. It included scores of 90 (out of 100) in Student Achievement, 88 in School Progress and 100 out of 100 in Closing the Gaps.